Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Overnight French Toast Mini Cups


Some things just have to be revisited. Last summer, I checked out The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger from the library and chose 4 recipes that I wanted to make right away. One of them was Peach French Toast Bake.

When I made it last summer, I added some blueberries and blackberries to the peaches that go on top and it was a delightful breakfast.
A couple of weeks ago, I had a loaf of french bread that was a little stale, so I decided to make this breakfast dish again.
We had some frozen peaches left from last summer and I decided to turn the french toast bake into single servings by cutting the bread into cubes and baking them in a muffin tin.
I just put some bread cubes into each well of the muffin tin and poured the egg/milk mixture over top. I added the peaches and blueberries, covered them with plastic wrap, and set them in the fridge overnight. I also reduced the baking time by about half.

My family really likes this breakfast.
If you need a filling and nutritious breakfast that can be put together quickly the night before and then just popped in the oven in the morning, make this one!

Here is the link to the Food Network Recipe

Here is the link to my post when I made this recipe last summer



Up Next- Greek Tuna Salad Pasta

19 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

They sure look good Mary Ann. The peach version sounds quite enticing...Pass the plate please, I'm so hungry after seeing those beauties...

Unknown said...

Genius. I think it sounds wonderful!

Sara said...

This is a great Ellie recipe, I have made it a bunch of times with different fruits. Always delicious.

Cheri said...

Yummy. I like the idea of a single serving, it looks so put together. I think I will try this for fathers day breakfast.

Creative Classroom Core said...

I have to make Father's Day breakfast for a whole wack of family members this weekend, and was looking for something I could make ahead. This sounds just perfect! Bookmarked!

Leslie said...

How adorable these are, almost like having french toast bread pudding for breakfast!

Risa said...

This looks incredible. I was planning on making french toast one day this week. I am definitely going to try this recipe.

Anonymous said...

Those look great. I'll have to try them. I just got that cookbook.

Unknown said...

I coming for breakfast- tomorrow! if only I could....

Marie Rayner said...

Those look fabulous Mary Ann!! I love the expression on your little boys face!! I hope he enjoyed them.

Treehouse Chef said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Maria said...

Oh yum! What a great breakfast treat!

The Blonde Duck said...

I am craving this!!!

nick said...

This might be my all time favorite recipe in that book, which is saying a lot considering how many great meals I've eaten out of it.

LOL, I made fun of Sara when she first bought it - I'm a moron.

Lexie said...

Yum!!! A french toast mini cup is a brilliant idea!

The Food Librarian said...

Yummy! Looks easy but soooo delicious!

Michele said...

These look so delicious!

Kerstin said...

These are SO adorable! So perfect for a wedding/baby shower too!

Resh said...

I LOVE all things berries!! And i always have left over bread in my house. Thanks for sharing this, with my sweet tooth and left over bread- i think these will be a delight in my kitchen and a hit with the fam!!