Thursday, October 15, 2009

MSC- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes

It's time for another round of Martha Stewart: Cupcakes Club! This month's cupcake was chosen by Kim over at What the Whisk.
She went with a seasonal pick-Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes. The recipe can be found on pg. 236 of Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. I looked online to see if I could find this particular recipe anywhere and I was not successful. There is a recipe online, but it is different from the one in the book that we used.

I was excited to try these because I love anything made with pumpkin-sweet or savory. The recipe said it yielded 32 cupcakes, but Martha's recipes always make more than they say, so I made 1/4 of the recipe. It was easy to cut into 1/4ths and I still ended up with 9 cupcakes.

These little guys are supposed to be frosted with Martha's Cream Cheese Frosting, but I happened to make some Halloween sandwich cookies on the same day and used the frosting from the cookies to top the cupcakes. (I will have a link to the frosting when I post about those cookies.)

I also added a little bit of pumpkin puree and some spices to some of the frosting for a couple of the cupcakes.
We were supposed to make cute little pumpkins out of marzipan to top these, but since I didn't really have anywhere to take them, I skipped out on that step.

Overall, I thought these were good cupcakes. Nice flavor and texture.
Go and see the cute creations that the other MSC Bakers made by checking out the MSC Blogroll!
One Year Ago-Lunchbox

29 comments:

Charli said...

Those look great! I am in such a pumpkin mood lately.

Dave said...

your whippy peaks are alotta fun! a great topper for this cupcake. ;)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Sometimes I make smaller amounts of these recipes too - so I can taste them but not be stuck with tons of cupcakes.

Bella Baker said...

your cupcakes look awesome!! I love how you piped them! I may hit you up for some piping tips. For some reason, the few times I have attempted piping frosting have been extremely unsuccesful!

Megan said...

I made 1/4th the recipe too, and still ended up with 5. Of course, the liners were quite full.......

Eliana said...

These look great. I love the way you frosted them.

Delicious Dishings said...

Ooh. I thought about adding the pumpkin puree to the frosting, but then I got worried that it wouldn't hold up as well.

Thanks for pointing out that the recipe online is not the same... guess I didn't look closely enough!

These look delicious!!

Soy*Baby said...

I want that plate. Too cute. I love how you piped the frosting on too. The flavored frosting sounds terrific. I'm glad you enjoyed these. Thanks for baking along with me this month.

Liesl said...

I have that same plate! I love it! I have been wanting to make these cupcakes, but haven't done it yet! I need to they looks so delicious! I love that cookbook.

my little cupcake said...

your spikey frosting looks awesome!

Fit Chick said...

Love your frosting and the plate! I really like pumpking so these were a big hit. Glad you enjoyed them.

k.a.r.e.n said...

They look awesome! I quarted the recipe too.

Sweet as Coco said...

YUM! My friend just bought me this book as a gift and I love it! I just made the snickerdoodle cupcakes...they were pretty tasty! I am slowly making my way through the book.

Judy said...

wow! i love your frosting! sooo cute!

betty geek said...

MARY ANN!

Love the frosting and the colors of the cupcakes!

Thanks for baking with us this month! So much fun! Wwwwweeeee! ;)

Hindy said...

Your cupcakes look beautiful! Glad you enjoyed them.

Julie said...

Cute! I love the frosting!

Unknown said...

love the picture on the pumpkin plate--adorable!!

Nina said...

Love the little sugar on top! These look so nice~!

Barbara said...

I think your topping makes those cupcakes!
Love all the pumpkin recipes- I'm going to make pumpkin muffins today-guess the main difference is muffins don't have frosting.

Anonymous said...

Those came out adorable : )

Unknown said...

Love those little peaks and it looks like the texture turned out great! Hope all is well!

Barbara Bakes said...

Sound like a great cupcake for this time of year! I like your little frosting dots!

The Food Librarian said...

Totally cute Mare! I love the piped frosting too! - mary the food librarian

Unknown said...

That plate is to die for Mary Ann!! I love it! I'm such a sucker for things like that :) Your cupcakes look wonderful.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Cute cupcakes; nice and fluffy and ready for Fall with all of that pumpkiny spicy goodness.

Professor Gal said...

Very sweet looking cupcakes!

Unknown said...

Love the piping on those cupcakes! They look wonderful.

Zach said...

They look delicious and I might have to make some myself