Sunday, April 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with Milk Chocolate Ganache

One of the best things about living where we do, is the fact that we are close to grandparents. It is so fun for the kids to know them and to be close enough to see them frequently.
Recently Papa had a birthday and the girls wanted to make him a treat. We had a busy morning, so we decided cookies were the item to be gifted.

Papa loves chocolate and I had some milk chocolate ganache (leftover from these cupcakes) in the fridge that needed to be used, so I just had to find a cookie that would do the job.
I remembered this PB cookie recipe from a magazine and decided to switch out the PB & J filling the recipe called for and used the milk chocolate ganache instead.

The cookies were quick and easy to mix up. I used creamy PB instead of crunchy. I warmed the ganache slightly, slathered it on a cookie and then smooshed another cookie on top. Then the cookie sandwiches were ready to go.
The girls made some cute birthday cards and we took the treats over to Papa's house. They were enjoyed by those who tasted them. I let my girls try a cookie plain and they thought the cookies were great. So there you have it. Another successful birthday treat!
For the ganache I just heated some heavy cream in a saucepan and then mixed in milk chocolate chips, stirring until I got the right consistency.

Recipe for Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cookies look absolutely delicious!!

~ Carrie ~

Future Grown-Up said...

This looks dangerously good..I'd have to make it when I had guests or I'd eat WAY too many of them.

Chef Aimee said...

I will take that entire stack please. And a glass of milk. :)

Jamie said...

What an awesome combination...peanut butter and chocolate. They look so yummy! My girls would love these cookies (me too!)

Kathleen said...

Super Yum!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

How good are these:-). They look wonderful and I'm sure the grandparents were just thrilled to receive them. The best part is the girls helped make them. I hope you all are having a fantastic day. Blessings...Mary

Pamela said...

Yummy! I bet many people would love a stack of these!

Sophie said...

I prefer the chocolate to the pb&j filling, definitely a good choice, can't go wrong with chocolate ganache :). Saving this recipe.